Wednesday 8 June 2011

It's nothing, really...

A colleague (now married) commented a few days before her wedding day.
"Best la tengok Kak Mas, muda-muda lagi anak dah besar....independent pulak tu, tak menyusahkan suami". Wow! I was so flattered.

Yes I like doing things on my own. The house, the children, the job.... Iman is 19 now, which makes me feel old. Well, should I? I know 44 isn't exactly old. I know I look alright ( haha... with a bit of gravity and a few fine lines.....). People always assume I was married at a very young age when they meet my big girls or else they'd presume we are all sisters. (Iman, cepat jeles ngan umi. Haha ) Staying at UIA now, she'd come home almost every other weekend loaded with things that would mess the house. (Hehe sorry darling!) Hidayah is at MRSM PC, only coming home during school holidays. I hated it when my two big girls are away. And I feel bad about hating it. They are supposed to save me from loneliness. I was supposed to make it easier to let them go but I still hated it. We'd been such a unit, with the boys and little Nina. Nina is only 9 but she's a great company. She has the adult way about her. Sometimes I worry that she's lonely without her lovely sisters. The boys are sometimes a nuisance, but now that the big girls are away me and Nina now share a lot of stories.

I love being a mother, always did. I'm very good at it, too, I think. My children, I made sure they really be themselves, showing their true colours, when they are at home. I give all the freedom for them to exercise their right as children in the boundry of our home. I work hard to make a good home for them. I work all day at school and all evening at home, cooking, washing and ironing and tidying, listening to their stories and seeing to their homework, . And I'll always love them for what they are. I'd forgive every mistake they made because they always have their way of making me proud of them.

I have a job. I love that too. It's never going to make me rich though, but I wake up every morning and wanting to go to work. Teaching is always my passion. And I learn a lot through teaching.

Thank you Allah for granting me a good husband without whom I never be who I am. Thank you hubby for giving me all the freedom and support to run your kingdom with my own rules. (Your house, my home.. or rather our home.) May we be such a great partner in life and the hereafter.


No comments:

Ganti hose paip air (bidet spray)

Hari ini kita sambung kerja-kerja di bilik air pulak. Kebetulan hubby ajak keluar lunch di Melawati Mall, ayuhlah kita singgah beli barang d...