Wednesday 3 June 2009

That Day...

That day, in July 1998
I went down the memory lane
Barking and Dagenham Road
Smiles, tears and memories flowing deep down

The last that was July 1990
That day, I received my final year result
Yes, almost 17 years ago
BA Finance with Accounting

That day,
Just before I submitted my final PhD thesis at Southampton
I visited once again my alma mater
First, now slightly bigger but still shoddy yet memorable prayer room
Then, lecture hall, football field, library, main hall, canteen, union building, sports centre...
Looked around some lecturers' rooms
Most of them were no longer there

I was there just to say my `salam'
As a witness that as it used to be
A place where I have grown up
NELP, PEL, UEL...

I cherished those days
Beside lectures, tutorials and friends
I treasured Usrah and Islamic Society
Of course my first `mimbar' on fridays
Believe it or not I still enjoy Usrah
Of course in different form and with different people

I told my children
Iman, Hidayah and Mun'im
At that time only three
But now I have to include two more: Muhaimin and Husnina
Things they will never understand
Lessons learned
Experiences gained
Maturity earned

The most memorable
I met my wife in Barking
My `akad' was at Barking Muslim Community Centre
2nd. March 1991, that day
I showed my beautiful children
The place where their dad and mum tied the knot
That knot grows stronger as ever

Yesterday,
Hidayah has to complete her Form 1 assignment on family history
She has to go through odd photos
To include some in her assignment
My warning to her which she is well abiding as always
Please don't loose it!

Ideals and realities keep flashing
Rejoicing times that we have spent together
With those we called friends
Friends here we come again...

6.00 p.m.
20th. June 2007
IIUM Gombak
A few days before East London Reunion

No comments:

Ganti hose paip air (bidet spray)

Hari ini kita sambung kerja-kerja di bilik air pulak. Kebetulan hubby ajak keluar lunch di Melawati Mall, ayuhlah kita singgah beli barang d...